Monday, November 17, 2014

60 Days

Today marks sixty days until we will depart from Columbus International, destination Haiti.   Today was a great day.  First, I spent time with a friend who has helped bless our trip financially.  Penny sat with me for 20 minutes, and shared some laughs, some memories, and also her experiences from missions that she has taken.  Penny was a lady who attended the church where I grew up, and I was so overwhelmed by her and her families generosity in helping us make this trip (like so many others).  Penny is one of the first that I have gotten to sit face to face with and discuss our mission.  Needless to say, by the end of the conversation I was filled with joy and blessed by the time she spent with me. I told Penny of my plans to chronicle the trip in this blog.   I want our friends to feel everything that God is doing the same way we are feeling it.   Penny expressed that she didn't think that she would physically be able to make a trip like this, and I want her to know that she, and all others whom have made this possible are just as much a part of the mission as we are!  God is Good.


    In addition I had lunch today with Pastor John.  We discussed, sports (of course), being a father to teenagers ( it is comforting to know that a Pastor has the same struggles I do), and also the Haiti Mission. John has been there several times, and his stories have me in such anticipation of the trip that I don't know if I can wait 60 more days.  I pray that God will use this time to prepare our hearts for this trip. I pray that we as a team will radiate the love of Christ to the Haitians.  I pray that we make a difference in someone's life.   I have spent time reading about Haiti, and the people, and the situation.  It seems so helpless.  I pray that the spirits of our team are high, and that we focus on the ability to change the life of individuals, and are not discouraged by a country that seems destitute.  I also pray that we are blessed by individuals who show us you can't let your circumstance dictate your joy.  I pray that we learn to see adversity as an advantage and a blessing.  Hear my prayer Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment